There’s nothing better than unwinding after a long day and pampering your skin. And because our skin cells regenerate in the evening, this is prime time to focus on restoring it. During the night, your skin actually absorbs the nutrients in your products better than during the daytime.
Previously we discussed about Morning Skin Care Routine for Glowing Skin and the order to apply our skincare products. If you commit to investing a little extra time in the morning for your skin, you are already way ahead of the league to get your skin glowing. However, you will also need to incorporate just a few more steps, into your PM routine to complete your journey to flawless skin on the toe.
Here are what we think should do before you go to bed, for your skin:
- Double cleansing (oil + milk): At the end of a long day, nothing feels quite as good as cleansing your face. Removing every trace of dirt, sweat and makeup allows the skin to breathe, repair, and renew itself. Himalaya Deep Cleansing Apricot Face Wash exfoliates the dead skin enhancing your natural skin tone. The face wash rejuvenates your skin combating bacterial infections like acne and improves the complexion of the skin. As the first step in your skincare ritual, it’s important to nail this part before even thinking about your serums and anti-aging creams.
- Gentle toner/ Essence: If you use a toner, apply it as you would in the morning. At night, some people also like to layer various types of skincare boosters, essences, beauty waters, or hydrating (hyaluronic acid) serums. The purpose is mainly to hydrate and nourish the skin. Since these are lightweight, almost water-like formulas; apply them after washing your face as you would a toner. If using both, applying toner then essence gives the most beneficial result.
- Retinol /serum: Like the rest of the body, skin does the bulk of its repairing, restoring, and regenerating as we sleep. This is why most targeted skincare treatments—like prescription meds, retinol creams, exfoliating treatments, and anti-aging serums are better used at night. However, instead of layering up all your treatment serums and creams choosing your evening treatment depending on your skin of the moment needs. Too many steps just increase the risk of irritation and decrease the likelihood of the desired result.
- Eye cream: Aside from addressing crow’s feet and dark circles, eye creams can also serve to protect your delicate eye area from your other skincare products. Generally, you’d want to apply your eye cream before your treatments to protect your eye area against potent ingredients, which could potentially cause irritation.
- Moisturizer or/and face oil (Night Cream): Some people use the same moisturizer for day and night. However, night moisturizers or night creams are generally thicker and heavier and designed to be absorbed over the course of several hours. If your skin is on the dry side, you may want to add face oil before applying your night cream.
- Balm (optional): Last but not least: lip balm. After all the harsh lip products, dirt, pollution, and all the Skincare regimen, our lips need a bit of attention too. So ending up the night routine with a well-balanced lip balm can do wonders for your lips the next morning. Wake up to soft and supple lips with a Technic lip mask. It helps to lock in moisture while you sleep, containing ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil, Grape Seed Oil, and Vitamin E to help hydrate and treat your lips. Apply a small amount to the lips during the day as a lip balm or use a generous amount all over the lips before bed and leave on overnight as a nourishing treatment.
Everything said and done, most important thing is to love yourself. Ultimately, caring for your skin is simply personal. Love the way are before jumping into any of these steps. Nobody is perfect and it’s okay to not be perfect. We are all here to learn and grow. At the end of the day, there’s no absolute right or wrong, as long as you enjoy the process and your skin benefits from it. Remember to glow inside and out! Cause you’re Beautiful.