Your skin deserves a routine as unique as you are. Everyone at least once in a day or two thinks about their skin. After all who doesn’t dream of flawless skin? Well, today let’s talk about the skincare routine. Not being an expert let’s just say, this is a research and compiled version of what I found interesting among trillions of suggestions.
First thing first WATER! Water does wonder to your skin and this is not Myth. Ya, it doesn’t have any taste, and it’s kind of boring but let’s face the reality water does wonder to our body inside out. Well, I was not an avid water drinker, I used to avoid drinking water with as many excuses as possible. Later when my body taught me a lesson I made it a mission to start drinking water and I saw the difference. I could actually feel the difference on my skin just within two days. Hence, two to three liters of water intake per day for your skin.
Knowing the product, purchasing, and using it won’t make it any better if you don’t know the correct way of using it and the correct way of layering it. Skincare routine is all about layering in a proper technique.
So let’s discourse on what order we apply our skincare products. The order of application is incredibly important. The skin’s job is to keep things out, but many of the skincare products we use have ingredients we want to get in. Only a very small amount of these key ingredients can penetrate the skin, even when perfectly formulated and perfectly applied. If you don’t apply products in the correct order, you will not see the best results from your skin care regimen.
Let’s discuss about some morning skin routine for a perfect skin:
- Gentle cleansing (milk/gel): Use a mild gel cleanser in the morning. The best cleanser for you will depend on your skin type. A low-PH water-based cleanser in your morning skincare routine helps to properly deep clean without causing redness that is hard to calm before makeup application or so.
- Exfoliating acid toner: They say good skin comes to those who tone regularly with a natural toner and we couldn’t agree more. Most people choose to skip toners, partly because there’s a lingering assumption that most toners are harsh and irritate the skin. Fortunately, that’s not the case anymore. Supercharged with the goodness of Rose Water and Witch Hazel, our Rose Face Toner targets open pores while detoxifying skin and giving it a natural glow. Cleanse your face, follow it up with our soothing toner and you’ll be perfectly prepped for serum and moisturizer. We are sure, you’ll be hooked from the very first swipe. Mama earth Rose Face Toner is suitable for all skin types & free of alcohol & harmful toxins such as Parabens, Mineral Oil, Silicones, etc.
- Face Serum: Serum is super-concentrated, nutrient-dense treatments that address specific concerns, so it’s better to keep them as close to the skin as possible. There are various serums available on the market, Vitamin C – one of the most well-known & well-researched skincare ingredients, has been a preferred solution to many skincare problems for ages. Mama earth Skin Illuminate Face Serum, with the power of Vitamin C & Turmeric, helps you achieve a radiant glow, reduces hyperpigmentation & fine lines from your early wrinkle-prone areas such as crow’s feet, smile lines, etc. This vitamin c serum is a must-have in every skincare regimen for flawlessly glowing skin. Mama earth Skin Illuminate Face Serum is free of harmful toxins such as Parabens, Mineral Oil, Silicones, etc.
- Eye cream: Regular use of eye cream over time will keep the eyelid skin elastic and can improve or prevent some fine lines or collagen loss. Vanish dark circles, under-eye bags & puffiness with Mama Earth under Eye Crème. Rich, fast-absorbing, and light-weight, the restorative properties of the under eye cream awaken your eyes to a visibly replenished look. Cucumber extract in the cream brightens the pigmented surface, reducing dark circles and imparting a fresh, bright & visibly radiant look. The amalgamation of White Lily and Coffee color corrects the eye area and helps achieve age-defying eyes. Suitable for all skin types, Mama Earth Under Eye Cream is free of Silicones, Sulfates, Phthalates, Parabens, and artificial colors.
- Moisturizer: Yes, everyone needs a moisturizer, even if you have oily skin. Most experts recommend that the best time to apply a moisturizer is while the skin is still damp, so the sooner you go through applying your serum and treatment, the sooner you’re able to lock in much-needed hydration with your moisturizer. It really depends on what your skin needs are and what you’re looking for.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen should be the last step in your daytime skincare routine other than makeup. What dermatologists unanimously agree on is that you should wear sunscreen every single day to prevent UV damage-whether or not you go outside. Always make sure you are incorporating an SPF into your everyday skincare routine somehow, it is so important.
Timing matters, too
Aside from the order of application, some experts believe it’s also important to consider the time it takes for your skin to absorb your products. However, since most of us are often in a rush to get somewhere, therefore, keeping skincare as simple as possible can be the key. Many products say you have to wait anywhere from five to 30 minutes before the next step to ensure proper absorption, but who has time for that?
If you make it too complicated, you just won’t do it. If you have many steps, pause for a bit (a minute) to allow each product time to react with the skin. Another piece of advice? Listen to your skin. Remember that you are unique and that nobody else has your skin. No matter what experts say, it’s important to find what works for you and to always be kind to your skin.